This too shall pass evolved in response to the February 2011 Christchurch earthquake.
It aims to support red-zoned contemporary jewellery gallery THE NATIONAL by engaging the wider community in small acts of generosity.
Money is raised by the sale of THIS TOO SHALL PASS ribbons, which are:
· assembled by well-wishers who volunteer their time, then
· distributed by galleries that waive their commission fees, then
· gifted on by purchasers to anyone who could need a little extra help
The project will tour NZ and overseas through 2012 and 2013.
Ribbons are $10. Please select your card/s from the display and donate online:
· Go to http://www.joyaviva.net
· Navigate via Aotearoa/New Zealand to Sarah Read
· Use the Donate button to make a credit card payment
Thank you x
Sarah Read July 2012
About THE NATIONAL
After the destruction of its High Street premises in February 2011, The NATIONAL continued to trade with barely a break, staging a series of popup shows and other initiatives (including Jacqui Chan’s Host a Brooch).
At the start of 2012 the gallery reopened at 212 Madras St, in the newly strengthened and restored NG building, which stands at the edge of the shattered CBD.
Left to right: July 2012: Approaching THE NATIONAL on Madras St, View of THE NATIONAL from the street,
View of Madras St from THE NATIONAL